Bitter Creek offers a full line of fixed oils and butters for all of your soap and body care making needs. When you are working from raw materials, using only the best quality oils is important. We take pride in offering the finest quality at an affordable price.
Whipped Shea Butter Recipe
6 oz. Shea
4 oz. Rice Bran Oil
.3 Weight oz. Lotion Safe Fragrance Oil (About 3%)
.3 Weight oz. Vitamin E Oil (About 3%)
1 Teaspoon Corn Starch
Mica to color if desired
- In a Stainless Steel or Glass Bowl using the double boiler method melt your Shea Butter. You can also do this in a Pyrex Measure Cup in the microwave and place in the bowl.
- Add the balance of the ingredients including the corn starch to the bowl
- Place the bowl over a bowl of ice water to form a cold water bath
- Begin mixing using an electric hand mixer on low, increasing the speed as the mixture begins to whip like frosting.
- When the mixture is big and fluffy, like frosting and holds peaks, package in our PET plastic jars!
Bitter Creek offers FREE Technical Support to all
our customers! Online help is available 9am to 5pm Central Time Monday
through Friday. Click here for
information on how to contact Tech Support by phone, e-mail or through our Live
Online Chat Application! Real candle making advice from a working chandler with
nearly two decades experience in the business!
|Fixed Oils & Butters|