Smelly Jelly is a simple and fun project to make. So easy it is perfect for a family project (supervised by adults of course!) or even a scout troop, grade school etc! A good item for a church or school fund raiser that the kids can participate in!
- Fill a measuring cup with 6 oz. of distilled water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Water Crystals.
- Stir in 1 - 2 teaspoons fragrance oil.
- Add a few drops of liquid Bath & Body dye for desired color.
- Mix all ingredients and allow to sit for approx. an hour or so. The crystals will soak up the water and expand into little gel-like pieces. Makes enough to fill an 8 oz. Jelly Jar.
- Jelly Jars look cute with net, lace, or thin material in the lids (using only the rim and leaving out the middle piece)! This helps keep dust off your smelly jellies. Pick a material that goes with your product theme, such as country. Or you could pick a material to match the scents, like fruits, flowers, etc!
- You can also use smelly jellies in potpourri warmers for an even stronger scent!
|Smelly Jelly Supplies|