Stuffed Critters & Accessories
Waxed Teddy Bears are one of the hottest craft trends around! They make great gifts, addition to gift baskets, and they sell great in gift shops! Just set these loveable critters on a non-staining surface in your home, and enjoy the fragrance in the air when you walk by them! These bear air fresheners work great in bathrooms, kid's rooms, offices, and more! The perfect gift for House Warming, Valentine's Day, Baby Showers, Birthdays or any holiday!
- Stuffed Bear (or other animal)
- 1lb IGI 1343 (or other Pillar wax)
- 1 - 1.5 oz. Fragrance Oil per pound of wax
- Presto Pot
- Thick Rubber Gloves w/ Lining
- Drying Rack
- Large Tooth Comb (or Fork)
- Small Doll Stand
- Melt wax in the Presto Pot to about 175 - 185 degrees. With white or light colored bears no dye is required, but on darker colored bears you may want to add dye to match the color. This will cut down on the white wax "dandruff" later.
- Add your fragrance, and stir.
- Next, dip the bear (use tongs to dip and roll him in the wax), pull him out and squeeze out a bit of the excess wax. You'll want to wear thick, lined rubber gloves to protect your hands when you do this, as the wax is very hot!
- Now it's time to comb and fluff! Some people prefer to lay a rack across the top of the pot to set the bear on, letting excess wax drip into the pot.
- Then put the teddy on a doll stand (small sized) with the clamp of the stand around the neck. This helps keep the bear from falling over while you're posing him, and allows you to position him just the way you want him to look (head tilted, etc).
Bitter Creek offers FREE Technical Support to all our customers! Online help is available 9am to 5pm Central Time Monday through Friday. Click here to contact Tech Support by phone, e-mail or through our Live Online Chat Application! Real candle making advice from a working crafter with two decades experience in the business!
|Stuffed Critters & Accessories|